Monday 18 October 2010

My Design Process

To be honest, i never really noticed the use of one in my projects. So to be simple, I'm going to bullet point this, and see if some kind of process emerges.
  • Within the chosen subject: I shall create an abundance of ideas, containing small sketches, wordplay, artist research and random doodles
  • My crazy and not always related ideas: I narrow down the ideas, using relevance, growth ability and overall coolness.
  • One is chosen. now i must implement this idea. I plan its first stages of growth and go crazy
  • Plans are made and scrapped.
  • New relevant ideas emerge on the journey, which i may add in or combine.
  • I travel off on smaller paths to create up-to-date research. This makes the journey more focused on it's end product
  • I usually like comments on my work from my peers, critical or not. both are helpful to see mistakes i have overlooked.
  • When the product is at it's best, the journey is ended. I have my complete product and shall evaluate it's sweet goodness.

So judging by this, my design process is a mess of re-evaluated ideas that some how make something i want.

No comments:

Post a Comment