Monday 6 December 2010

Different ideas

Okay then, due to the majority of our group not being able to 'draw', we had to change our idea.

Unfortunately we'd already purchased our paper, so we still needed to do something with it. So drawing was still an option for me and Guy. We decided on my strange idea for a cheap animated video.
My idea was to create cut out people and move them around a drawn background. I wanted to move them with my hands, making them a constant part of the video. I thought it would look seriously cheap and funny. Every one else thought it would be cool.


 Creating the story and characters were great fun, but it took absolutely ages. For the story we chose an earlier idea based on old Silent Movies. We wanted a Damsel tied to train tracks, with an evil guy (with a twiddly moustache) standing over her laughing evily.

We ended up putting tabs on all the characters so our hands wouldn't reach over the scene too much. they became quite annoying for me.

 Two things we didn't think about:
1) How the damsel actually gets kidnapped? we just made an inbetween page.
2) How ink eventually goes through paper. oops. but this was easily covered up by giving the tramp some warmth and comfort of fire.


 Overall, it went quite well. Considering we only did two shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment