Saturday 30 October 2010

Rule of Thirds

We briefly passed over this in my recent Lecture with Jools. It sounded quite intrigueing so i looked up some more about it. From what i found, The rule of thirds is an important rule of compositon.


rule-of-thirds

Here is the rule of thirds. The picture is split up into thirds, both horizontaly and vertically creating a grid. These lines are lines of interest, and at the points they intersect, are points of intersaection. If the object in the photo is put along one of the lines or points of interesction, the photo looks awesome.

Here, i tried some of my own:

View from my Garden


Orange Sock!


Hawthorn Flowers

My First Cacti
I haven't put the lines on, but if you use your imagination, you can see them. All these photos interact with the Thirds Rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment