Monday 14 February 2011

Looking at things,

for my visual essay.
I was researching the zoetrope, developed from the phenakistoscope. What i found was Pixar's 3D zoetrope of the toy story characters. It looks amazing, by the way, especially when you figure out how it's working.(apparently Studio Ghibli did the 3d zoetrope first- which i've seen on youtube and is pretty cool too)

I was looking at Saatchi & Saatchi, due to the T-Mobile 'Heathrow' advert, and found a wonderfully animated advert for the NSPCC. It was titled 'Weapons of love'. It reflects on how the hands of parents can help and support children. It's simple in design and colour choice, but quite touching. I love the use of silhouettes, as i did an art project on them in the past.

And i decided to surf the internet for character designer portfolios. I found  some that i liked a lot. All of them had distinct and recognisable styles. My favourite at the moment is Liron Pe'er. The artist has clear talent, which she can adapt to other styles. Her range in her portfolio shows her flexability in drawing and animation. I admire her drawing skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment