Friday 11 March 2011

Week 2 & 3

Week Two
I haven't done much this week.

So last week Najhet (Director) drew up the storyboard. Tweaks were made to it today, and it has now been passed to me. I'm gonna redraw it, all nice and pretty. I'm doing this for two reasons:
1) We need a neater version with more annotations
2) It will help me, as the camera dude, to visualise the shots that I'll be taking.

Week Three
I've drawn up most of the storyboard now. Turns out Najhet left the last page at home.

We practiced lighting in 106b. Which interestingly is the room we booked for the photography scene. Overall what we learnt from this practice was to use as little lighting as possible, and to close the iris of the camera whilst shooting. This creates the moody, dark feeling we need for our film noir style.

Also, i went back to the alley way to analyse it's abilities/worth. It is actually quite narrow, so any side shoots would be out of the question. Lighting is limited to the midway lamp post. I believe any shots, will have to be taken from the bottom of the stairs. All other locations are fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment