Thursday 2 May 2013

Artefact 4: 3D Phillip

Going back to my research question, I needed to explore character design and how it travels through the production pipeline. I had heard that some character designs can be changed in production to suit the modellor's, director's and animator's needs. Where as some designs are especially sought out, and the whole pipeline is based around them.
To test how the production pipeline may effect character designs (for the 3D industry) I decided to model Phillip. Through the designs, problems and solutions, I will find many ways to avoid changing a character. Also many reasons why a character should be changed.
This will help me as a designer. To know why things must be made in a certain way, helping others in the pipeline. Understanding of these other areas will help my designs stay manageable.
I started thinking about how to create Phillip and what shapes to start from.

No comments:

Post a Comment